BALANCED PRESSURE THERMOSTATIC AIR VENT-PT31AV
Pennant designed PT31AV air vent to remove air and non-condensable gases from steam systems. The removal of these gases is important for achieving better start-up efficiency and heat transfer in normal running.
Pennant balanced pressure thermostatic air vent contains a special liquid present within the capsule condenses or evaporates due to changes in the temperature. The boiling point of the capsule is few degrees less than that of the boiling point of water.
- When the temperature raises, the liquid evaporates and the valve closes.
- When the temperature drops, the liquid condenses and the valve opens
Pennant thermostatic air vent available in the following sizes,
DN 8, 10, 15, 20
Pennant thermostatic air vent available with the following end connections, Screwed (NPT, BSPT, BSP) , Socket weld
Typical applications of air vent include
- Jacketed kettles
- Jacketed sterilizers
- Saturated and Super-heated steam lines
or other equipment’s where air could accumulate in areas of the steam applications.
USER BENEFITS :
- Improves heat transfer thereby saving energy and productivity.
- Maintains process performance where temperature is critical.
- Reduces corrosion
- Reduces maintenance costs.
- Promotes EVEN heating and improves product quality.
Controller, Strainer Screen, Gasket.
|4||STRAINER SCREEN||AISI 304||1|
|5||CONTROLLER ASSY.||AISI 304||1|
*ASTM-A182 GR-F304 on special request.
|PMA: Max. allowable pressure||315 psig|
|TMA: Max. allowable temp.||428 °F|
|PMO: Max. operating pressure||315 psig|
|TMO: Max. operating temp||428 °F|
|Cold hydro test pressure||475 psig|
|¼, ⅜, ½, ¾||2.16||2.8||1.8 lb|
|315 psig||576 °F||315 psig||480 °F||¼”, 3/8”, ½”, ¾”|
|PMO (bar) TMA (ºC)||Capacity at PMO (m3/hr)||Size|
|22 / 220||10||DN8~20|